Have a chance to participate in the largest project in Virginia’s history!
The Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel (HRBT) is the largest project in Virginia’s history. The total project budget is $3.8 billion, making it one of the largest infrastructure projects in the country. The current I-64 HRBT is a 3.5-mile facility with two-lane immersed-tube tunnels connecting artificial islands with trestle bridges to shore.
This is one of the most congested areas in the region. The project is expected to be completed by November 2025, will widen the four-lane segments of the I-64 corridor in the cities of Hampton and Norfolk. Additionally, twin two-lane bored tunnels and two part time drivable shoulder lanes will be added.
About the Bond Education Program:
The BEP is a comprehensive contractor-readiness program designed specifically for contractors performing on this project.
SBTRC, along with VDOT and Hampton Road Connector Partners will host a series of classes that will cover topics such as Bonding, Bidding & Estimating, Certifications, VDOT Prequalification, DBE Contract Compliance, and Construction Accounting. The goal is to ……
Benefits of participating:
- BEP participants will learn from subject matter experts, including Prime Contractors, VDOT, and Small Business Supplier Diversity staff.
- Meet one-on-one with a bonding agent for a business assessment & better understand how to establish a bonding program and build bonding capacity
- Gain knowledge to grow your business, gain access to key decision makers, and detailed information about upcoming subcontracting opportunities
Program Dates & Times:
The HRBT BEP Program will run on each Tuesday and Thursday Feb 2 – Feb 13. Sessions are 8:30am – 1:00pm. Participants are expected to attend each session.
Register for the program:
To complete your registration, please complete the form and email to email@example.com.
Click here to complete the program intake form.
The HRBT Bond Education Program is brought to you by the following partners:
- Hampton Roads Bridge Connectors
- Small Business & Supplier Diversity
- City of Hampton Economic Development
- Centennial Surety Associates Insurance
- Construction Bonds Inc.
- US Department of Transpiration – Office of Small Business Utilization