The Innovation Center
The Innovation Center’s goal is to diversify the innovation pipeline through challenges, developing the next generation of innovators and recognizing young innovators.
Our current innovation initiatives are:
Diversifying the innovation pipeline with a focus on following strategies: 1) fill the pipeline; 2) recognize innovators; 3) develop the pipeline; 4) create a movement.
The Policy Center
Rooted in research and analysis, the nonpartisan Policy Center strengthens the economic health of diverse communities by convening stakeholders, expanding dialogue and advancing policy prescriptions.
- Strengthen the base of research, data, and analysis that address the economic health of diverse populations and share findings with leaders and the public-at-large
- Offer policy recommendations for business development and economic security that build widely shared prosperity
- Convene stakeholders, including community and business leaders, community groups, and higher education institutions, to advance a shared agenda for economic growth in diverse communities
HBCU Initiative - a project of the Policy Center - advances the health and prosperity of North Carolina's 10 Historically Black Colleges and Universities, which represent more than 10% of all HBCUs in the country. Their role in the economy, higher education, and the talent pipeline is often misunderstood by business, community, and policy leaders. These institutions of higher education have far-reaching economic and educational impact.
Through robust research and analysis, innovative programming, and meaningful convening, the Policy Center strengthens the community of HBCUs in North Carolina by:
- exposing leaders to the economic, educational, and workforce impacts of HBCUs,
- deepening understanding of their challenges and opportunities, and
- building a community of informed, devoted supporters and advocates across sectors and industries.
Mapping Historically Black Colleges and Universities
HBCUs and 2020 Goal - https://batchgeo.com/map/b5dc368cb9ba3748282d04fab97b1aec
Demographic Trends and Analysis
Follow current trends and demographic analysis. People shape the market place. Understand national, regional, and local trends that may impact your business or organization.
The Buying Power Guide provides a detailed, statistical overview of consumer spending and projections of buying power for North Carolina and U.S. populations as a whole and African Americans, Native Americans, Asians and Hispanics from 2010-2015.