- This event has passed.
Onslow Water and Sewer Authority-Disaster Response Emergency Construction Services
April 30, 2019
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID
Pursuant to N.C.G.S 143-129, sealed single-prime Bids will be received by the Onslow Water and Sewer Authority (ONWASA), at the ONWASA offices in Jacksonville, North Carolina, until 2:00 pm EST on April 30, 2019 and immediately thereafter publicly opened and read, for the completion of emergency repair to water and wastewater utility services in the event of a natural disaster within the ONWASA service area. This work shall include:
Water Distribution System
* Excavation and initial repair of main breaks, line sizes from 2-inch diameter up to 24-inch diameter maximum, on both PVC and ductile iron pipe.
* Assessment and completion of temporary repairs to aerial crossings (where piping is still intact) or installation of isolation valves (where piping is damaged/missing).
* Installation of isolation valves or capping of lines serving areas where excessive distribution system damage occurred.
* Placement of compacted fill to temporarily support water piping exposed at road wash-outs or creek crossings.
* Replacement of service lines and/or re-setting meters where damaged or missing at ONWASA-determined high priority locations.
* Troubleshooting and repair/placement of pumps, motors and generators at water booster stations.
* Removal of surface debris from water well sites to restore access to equipment.
Sewage Collection System
* Excavation and initial repair of gravity sewer and force mains up to 12-inch diameter, including PVC and ductile iron pipe.
* Placement of compacted fill to temporarily support sewer piping exposed at road wash-outs or creek crossings.
* Cleaning, temporary repair or replacement of critical precast concrete manhole structures.
* Troubleshooting and repair/replacement of pumps, motors and generators at wastewater pumping stations.
* Furnishing and setting of bypass pumping equipment at manholes or pumping stations.
* Removal of surface debris from wastewater pumping stations to restore access to equipment.
ONWASA intends to enter into two (2) contracts: one with a “Primary” contractor and the other with a “Secondary” contractor. The “Primary” contractor will be on a first contact basis for all disasters and emergencies that may require construction. The “Secondary” contractor will serve as a backup to the Primary for any disaster or emergency that may be of a scale larger than one company would be capable and equipped to handle. ONWASA reserves the exclusive right to decide when and if the “Primary” or “Secondary” Contract will be activated and the work tasks assigned to that contract.
The contract shall be for a period of two (2) years and shall not exceed a total of Five Hundred Thousand Dollars and no cents ($500,000.00). Work under the contract shall be assigned on an as-needed basis, determined solely by ONWASA.
Bids must be submitted on a complete contract. Bids must be enclosed in a sealed envelope, addressed to the Onslow Water and Sewer Authority, 228 Georgetown Road, Jacksonville, NC 28540, telephone (910) 455-0722, and the outside of the envelope must be marked “Disaster Response Emergency Construction Services, Onslow County, North Carolina” followed by the appropriate contract number and title. If a Bid is forwarded by mail, the sealed envelope containing the Bid must be enclosed in another envelope addressed as above. Bids by FAX transmission are not acceptable and will be rejected. Bids must be made on blank forms included in the Bid documents. The name, address, and North Carolina Contractor’s license number of the Bidder shall be plainly marked on the sealed envelope.
Each Bid must be accompanied by cash or a certified check, drawn on a bank or trust company authorized to do business in North Carolina, payable to the Onslow Water and Sewer Authority in an amount at least equal to five percent (5%) of the total amount of the Bid, as a guarantee that a contract will be entered into and that a satisfactory performance bond will be executed. In lieu of cash or a certified check, the Bidder may submit a Bid Bond in the form prescribed in N.C. G. S. 143-129.
Bidders are notified that legislative acts relating to licensing of contractors will be observed in receiving bids and awarding contracts and that satisfactory performance and payment bonds will be required on this project.
A Pre-Bid Conference will be held at the ONWASA Central Office Complex, 228 Georgetown Road, Jacksonville, NC 28540 at 10:00am EST on April 10, 2019. All persons/firms who are considering submission of a bid for this project are encouraged to attend, but attendance is not mandatory.
Specifications and contract documents are on file and may be examined by appointment at W.K. Dickson & Co., Inc. (Engineer) in Wilmington, NC, and are also available for viewing in the plan rooms of
* iSqFt, The Rookwood Exchange, 3825 Edwards Road, Suite 800, Cincinnati, OH 45209
* Dodge Data Analytics, 830 Third Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10022
* North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development
* Hispanic Contractor’s Association, 224 Westinghouse Boulevard, Suite 604, Charlotte, NC 28273
Phone 877-227-1680 ext. 8201
Specifications, and Contract Documents are available for purchase by going to Plan Room at www.wkdickson.com for a non-refundable fee as specified in the plan room for each set requested. Only full sets of documents are available. It should be noted that checks made payable directly to the Engineer will not be accepted.
The right is reserved to reject any or all bids, to waive informalities, and to award contract or contracts which, in the opinion of the Onslow Water and Sewer Authority, appear to be in its best interest. The right is reserved to hold any or all Bids for a period of sixty (60) days from the opening thereof. By mutual agreement, the Authority reserves the right to extend this period and hold any or all Bids for an additional 30 days.