- This event has passed.
Dewberry/ Garner High School Generator Replacement
Please find the following link for the Garner High School Generator Replacement project:
The work generally includes installation of a new 750kW stand-by generator (no life safety served by new machine) to serve an existing chiller and additional loads inside the building. Work includes, but is not limited to:
- New 750kW diesel generator and modification of existing distribution to incorporate
- Extension of existing enclosed service court (block/brick walls with slab floor) to incorporate new generator
- Modification of existing parking area and service court drive to incorporate service court walls extension
- New housekeeping pad to accommodate the new generator
- Tie in of all controls
- New SCADA systems to serve new generator
Construction contract will be broken up into 2 Phases of Construction:
- Phase I Construction (Summer 2023): 105 calendar days. Work generally anticipated in Phase I is modification of parking area, service court extension, underground conduit, relocation of electrical primary, etc.
- Phase II Construction (up to Summer 2024): 462 calendar days. Work generally anticipated in Phase II is installation of generator, installation of ATS, modification of switchboard, installation of wiring, SCADA, etc.
- A Substantial Completion will be issued for each phase.
- Anticipated Notice to Procced date is around first week of May 2023.
Bid Opening is in person at 2:00pm on Tuesday, March 21st, 2023 at County of Wake in the Purchasing Department, Suite 2900, Wake County Justice Center, 301 McDowell Street, Raleigh, NC 27601.
All design related questions should be directed to Dewberry Engineers, Inc. – Johnny Wood – firstname.lastname@example.org – (919) 215-2010.
Non-Mandatory Pre-bid Meeting will be held at site on Thursday, March 2, 2023 @ 3:30pm. Meet at front entrance of Garner High School, 2101 Spring Drive, Garner, NC
The Wake County Government Representative is Tim Ashby.
Bid bond is required.
Performance and payment bonds are required.
2023.03.06 – Garner High School Emergency Shelter Generator Replacement Project – Addendum No 1
UPDATE: Just a reminder that questions were due today for the Garner High School Emergency Shelter Generator Replacement project.
I have received no questions to date, so there is no plan to issue any more addenda if no additional questions.