- This event has passed.
“Sold Out” Grant Writing: How to Write a Successful Grant, Part 2
January 31 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Hosted by The Women’s Business Center of Charlotte.
More than likely, before a grant is awarded a successful proposal had to be written. Getting from the proposal to the award can be an overwhelming journey when you aren’t familiar with the proposal writing process or how to translate important information in your request. If you are thinking to yourself “ What makes a proposal successful and where should one start?”, then this workshop is for you.
To increase your chances of becoming a grant recipient, you must develop your proposal writing skills and the skills to properly respond to solicitations. This Grant Writing workshop is geared toward understanding the ins and outs of grants from a funding source perspective. Participants in the workshop will gain key learning in the following:
1. General things you should know and understand before the writing beginnings.
2. How to decipher significant information in a solicitation or a request for proposal.
3. The importance of preparing a proposal according to the requirements and guidelines provided by a funding source or in a solicitation.
4. The importance of illustrating a need and how the need aligns with the funding source’s mission.
5. Essential components in a proposal: program/project design, resources, schedule, budget, and a budget narrative.
Speaker(s): Dr. Tonnia Thomas
Classroom is in Suite 125