- This event has passed.
Mueller Systems/Water Meter Installation Project/Forsyth County
December 15, 2019
Mueller Systems, LLC is requesting statements of interest from North Carolina certified HUB Minority and/or Women Owned Businesses for a bidding opportunity from qualified firms or contractors with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Water meter installation (field labor including background checks, driver’s license, drug screening)
- Specifically, the installation of between 10,000 and 100,000 meters in sizes 5/8″ – 12″ water meters across a large geographic area)
Detailed description: Provide meter installation technicians to support meter installation throughout the service territory. Technicians must meet above requirements and provide personal vehicle to work site and to transit from site to site throughout the work day. Mueller Systems will provide scheduling of work, handheld (HH) computer to capture data during installation, and necessary vehicle and personal identification. Typical installation procedure is as follows:
- attend morning safety and operational briefing
- load material for daily work
- arrive at first work site
- take pictures of as is site and record data from existing meter
- note any abnormal / unsafe conditions or exceptions as provided by project team and escalate as necessary
- Inspect for leaks
- Remove old device and remove necessary dirt/debris to access meter connections
- Install new meter and test with provided HH
- Draw water to validate new meter is registering
- Collect required data and pictures as required of finished install
- Clean work site
- Proceed to next site
- End of work day, report to project cross dock to offload data and material from day’s work
Duration of project is roughly 26 months. Between 10 and 20 full time technicians are needed. Please provide company capabilities and pricing.
- Tower climbing and installation for radio frequency based collectors and other devices (OSHA Certification for heights from 50 to 300 feet)
Detailed description: Contractor will provide the personnel and all required materials for the installation of XR-R Mi.Hub collectors in service territory of this project.
Detailed installation instructions are provided for both collector models and repeaters in the corresponding installation manual sent as a separate attachment.
A typical installation scenario is as follows:
- Install XR-R hub on the XYZ Water Tower (Lat – 38.55402, Long -76.981529)
Install the Tower-Top-Amplifier (TTA) and antenna at 130 ft. on the existing water tower. Run LMR-600 coax from the TTA, down the tower to the area available to mount the hub. Please provide the LMR-600, required connectors and weather proofing kits.
Preliminary list of installation sites is as follows in a separate attached worksheet.
Please provide company capabilities and budgetary price per install. Price can be finalized following detailed site survey.
- QA/QC Field inspections and data capture for completed installations
Detailed description: Technicians will be required to visit a various installation sites to validate work complete and document quality of the work. Technicians will be required to provide transportation from site to site, present a professional appearance and conduct work in a professional manner. Mueller Systems will provide simple attributes to check at each worksite, roughly 5 to 8 attributes will be required to be checked and documented at each site. The results will be recorded by the Technicians in the manner provided by Mueller Systems, either manually or electronically. Two to four full-time resources would be needed for inspections for approximately 26 months. Resource level may vary depending on results of inspections.
Please provide company capabilities and hourly rate.
- Project management and record keeping (PMP Certification, Utility Project Management Experience)
Detailed description: This resource would report to the Program Manager. Tasks include managing inputs and outputs to overall project schedule, coordinating project meetings and issuing minutes, tracking inventory, tracking manpower, processing invoices and ensuring payment to subcontractors, ordering project material in support of the project plan, cost tracking and reporting against budget. Please provide resume and pricing of resources.
- Transportation (CDL Certification/Licensed, appropriate for state and federal Licenses for truckload transport within the state of North Carolina)
Detailed description: Provide transportation fees to deliver project materials from Cleveland, NC to job site in Winston Salem, NC. Frequency would be roughly once or twice per month during the 26 month project to Winston Salem and roughly once per quarter a partial shipment from Winston Salem to Cleveland. Combination of full truckloads and less than truckload quantities. All product will be palletized. Lift gate and material transfer is required from truck to unload at jobsite. Please provide company capabilities and pricing table.
Detailed description: Approximately 5,000 square feet of Warehouse space for staging, storage, pallets, secured area, parking, furnished office or offices for project managers and conference room for training. The space will be needed for approximately 26 months beginning mid-2021.
- Plumbing – On Call (North Carolina Plumbing License)
Detailed description: State licensed plumbing services for both residential and commercial applications where a leak or plumbing reconfiguration would be required as a result of a meter exchange or to correct a code violation. Provide all necessary tools and expertise and execute work upon request of local supervisor. Frequency would be roughly once or twice per month during the 26 month project. Please provide company capabilities and hourly rate.
- Electrician (North Carolina State Electrical License)
Detailed description: State licensed electrical services for electrical work in support of installation of Mi.Hub collector (installation instructions attached). Overall installation of device would be provided by separate contractor to include any elevated work. Electrical services are needed to attach this device, at ground level, to the utility provided electrical service and optionally: validate electrical connectivity, validate proper grounding is in place, install breaker in existing panel(s), provide and wire standalone breaker panel for this device and other electrical services as necessary. All applications are at ground level and are 240V and below AC connections. Provide all necessary tools and expertise and execute work upon request of local supervisor. Frequency would be roughly 70 installation sites during the 6 month installation period of these devices during the project. Please provide company capabilities and hourly rate.
- Printing Services (Between 10,000 and 200,000 pieces of project literature such as mailers and door hangers, etc.)
Detailed description: Printing services in support of project activity. Tentative requirements include: 30 to 40 identification cards, 10,000 to 200,000 door hangars similar to the sample provided, print and mail 140,000 postcards with project approved language and graphics, and 30 to 40 magnetic vehicle signs. Please provide company capabilities and pricing.
- Underground utility work (general and/or underground contractor license)
- Replacement and/or movement of underground vaults, piping, up to and including reconnection to the water main
Detailed description: State licensed underground and excavation services for both residential and commercial applications where a leak or plumbing reconfiguration would be required as a result of a meter exchange or to correct a code violation, additionally, replacement and/or movement of underground vaults, piping, up to and including reconnection to the water main. Provide all necessary tools and expertise and execute work upon request of local supervisor. Frequency would be roughly once or twice per quarter during the 26 month project. Please provide company capabilities and hourly rate.
- Concrete repair or other site work
Detailed description: Repair work including concrete groundwork services for both residential and commercial applications where a leak or plumbing reconfiguration would be required as a result of a meter exchange or to correct a code violation. Provide all necessary tools and expertise and execute work upon request of local supervisor. Frequency would be roughly once or twice per month during the 26 month project. Please provide company capabilities and hourly rate.
This project will be located within Forsyth County, NC. Interested firms or contractors must possess and submit proof of all required licenses, requisite insurance, and bonding capabilities to do business in the State of North Carolina pertaining to the interests in line with the project. Each firm is also required to submit references showing relevant experience.
Valid License/Certification examples include but are not limited to:
- A State of North Carolina General Contractor’s, Underground Contractor’s, or Commercial Contractor’s license
- Professional Engineering license
- PMP Certification, etc.
- NC Plumbing License
- NC Electrical License
- OSHA Certification
- CDL License
All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to respond. For further consideration, please send your statement of interest by Sunday, December 15th at 10:00 a.m., along with all required documents as listed above. Please include any additional information that would assist in evaluating the firm’s capabilities.
Statements of interest will only be accepted via email to Laura Bello at email@example.com.