- This event has passed.
NJR Group/Kannapolis Water Booster Pump Station
April 14 @ 2:00 pm
Bid Date – April 14, 2021 2:00 PM
NJR GROUP, INC is preparing to bid a project in Kannapolis, NC and would like to have your quotation on any items in your line of work. Please find the project listed below with a brief description of work available.
Location: Kannapolis, NC
Scope of Work: The Project consists of constructing the following:
The Project consists of a new water booster pump station consisting of two in-line pumps with associated piping and appurtenances.
If you intend to quote email or mail your quote by Wednesday, March 25th @ 5:00pm. If you should have any questions or need any assistance, please advise.
Plans can be found here: Kannapolis Booster Pump
Title VI Solicitation Notice: The NCDOT, in accordance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d to 2000d-4) and the Regulations, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that any contract entered into pursuant to this Invitation to Bid, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full and fair opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration for an award.
DBE, MBE and WBE, SBE and HUB certified subcontractors and suppliers are strongly encouraged to submit a quotation. NJR GROUP is committed to actively and aggressively pursuing interested MWSBE companies in order to meet or exceed these goals.
We intend to take the following steps to encourage the participation of MWSBE companies:
• Soliciting DBE companies listed on the Certified List who are located in and interested in working in the Division where the project is located.
• Selecting portions of work to be performed by DBE contractors, and breaking out contract work into economically feasible units to facilitate DBE participation.
• Negotiating in good faith with interested DBE companies and not rejecting MWSBE companies as unqualified without a thorough investigation of their capabilities.
• Making efforts to assist interested DBE companies in obtaining necessary equipment, supplies, materials, same unit pricing with material suppliers, bonding, credit and insurance required to perform work on the project.
• Encouraging non DBE companies to use DBE companies for their scopes of work.
• Offering quick pay agreements.
Subcontractors will be required to have the following minimum insurance limits for this project: Workers Compensation- $500,000; General Liability – $1 million; and Automobile – $1 million. In the event that the above requirements will prevent your firm from participating, please contact our office for assistance in obtaining bonding, lines of credit, insurance, necessary equipment, supplies and materials. We also strongly encourage you to use Disadvantaged Business Enterprises, MBE, and WBE as a 2nd Tier subcontractor when the opportunity presents itself in order to comply with the Town of Kannapolis.