OWASA/ Mason Farms Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP) Fermenter Mixing Improvements
ADVERTISEMENT for REQUEST FOR BIDS
Orange Water and Sewer Authority
Mason Farms WWTP Fermenter Mixing Improvements
CIP Project No. 278-78
Issue Date: September 17, 2021
Orange Water & Sewer Authority (OWASA) is inviting contractors to submit a bids for improvements at the Mason Farms Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP). This is a lump sum bid with qualification requirements.
The complete advertisement for bidders is located on the OWASA web site (www.owasa.org) and may be downloaded at https://www.owasa.org/bid-opportunities
The primary objectives of the project are to provide:
- Demolition of existing pipe and mixing headers and associated structural supports inside the fermenter tank.
- Demolition of submersible pumps, piping, and drip trap in the basement of the Old Digester Control Building.
- Excavation and demolition of underground fermenter gas condensate pipe.
- Installation of new mixing nozzles, pipe, and supports in the fermenter tank.
- Installation of a chopper pump in the basement vault of the Old Digester Control Building.
- Installation of new pipe, valves and supports in the basement of the Old Digester Control Building.
- Installation of new gas condensate accumulator and drain and vent piping.
- Repair and coating of corroded sampling hatches in the fermenter cover.
- Electrical improvements for power and controls of new equipment.
- Installation of new level and flow instruments and integration of new controls with the plant-wide SCADA system
A mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting will be held at 3:00 p.m. on October 6, 2021.
Responses to the Request for Bids must be received by 2:00 p.m. on October 22, 2021.