- This event has passed.
OWASA/ Mason Farms WWTP Fermenter Mixing Improvements
November 1, 2021
Re-ADVERTISEMENT of REQUEST FOR BIDS
Orange Water and Sewer Authority
Mason Farms WWTP Fermenter Mixing Improvements
CIP Project No. 278-78
Issue Date: October 22, 2021
Orange Water & Sewer Authority (OWASA) is inviting contractors to submit a bids for
improvements at the Mason Farms Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP). This is a lump
sum bid with qualification requirements.
The complete advertisement for bidders is located on the OWASA web site (www.owasa.org) and may be downloaded at https://www.owasa.org/bid-opportunities.
The primary objectives of the project are to provide:
- Demolition of existing pipe and mixing headers and associated structural supports inside the fermenter tank.
- Demolition of submersible pumps, piping, and drip trap in the basement of the Old Digester Control Building.
- Excavation and demolition of underground fermenter gas condensate pipe.
- Installation of new mixing nozzles, pipe, and supports in the fermenter tank.
- Installation of a chopper pump in the basement vault of the Old Digester Control Building.
- Installation of new pipe, valves and supports in the basement of the Old Digester Control
- Installation of new gas condensate accumulator and drain and vent piping.
- Repair and coating of corroded sampling hatches in the fermenter cover.
- Electrical improvements for power and controls of new equipment.
- Installation of new level and flow instruments and integration of new controls with the
plant-wide SCADA system
Responses to the Request for Bids must be received by 11:00 a.m. on November 1, 2021.