- This event has passed.
Shook Construction/Neuse River
July 2 @ 8:00 am - August 31 @ 5:00 pm
Shook Construction is bidding to the Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR), Crowder Construction, on the above-referenced project and is soliciting proposals from qualified disadvantaged, minority, female and small businesses. The total project consists of the construction of new and modified wastewater treatment facilities including solids screening, pre-dewatering facilities, thermal hydrolysis process and feed systems, anaerobic digesters, digester gas treatment systems, process steam systems, fats, oils and grease receiving, and other related treatment plant facilities and upgrades. The project is tax exempt for permanent construction. Davis Bacon Prevailing Wage rates apply.
This significant construction project was issued with one set of bid documents, but is bidding as multiple bid packages, with different bid dates. Shook Construction will be bidding on the following bid packages, listed in the order of bid date:
- Bid Pkg 8 – THP & Anaerobic Digestion (274-40250-008, ≈ $25MM) – Bids July 16, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Includes construction of new thermal hydrolysis process, digester control building, digester electrical building, sludge cooling, anaerobic digesters, uncovered aerobic digester modifications, medium voltage site distribution, and generator replacement.
- Bid Pkg 7 – Screening & Pre-Conditioning (274-40250-007, ≈ $25MM) – Bids July 23, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Includes construction of new screening building, preconditioning building, cake hoppers, truck loading, odor control, process drain pump station, secondary clarifier 1 & 12 scum pump replacement, biosolids transfer pump station, offsite reuse pump station, primary clarifier modifications and uncovered aerobic digester modifications.
- Bid Pkg 6 – Thickening Building Rehabilitation (274-40250-006, ≈ $5MM) – Bids July 30, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Upgrade to the existing thickening building including demolition of existing equipment, new electrical service, new pumps, new polymer feed system, new gravity belt thickeners, and HVAC system upgrades.
- Bid Pkg 9 – Final Dewatering (274-40250-009, ≈ $7MM) – Bids July 30, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Modifications to the existing final dewatering building including the installation of new belt filter presses, temporary biosolids dewatering systems, new polymer feed system and new cake conveyance.
- Bid Pkg 10 – Steam Supply (274-40250-010, ≈ $6MM) – Bids August 6, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Construction of the new steam supply building, gas handling and treatment facilities, and waste gas flares.
- Bid Pkg 11 – Alum Facility (274-40250-011, ≈ $3MM) – Bids August 6, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Construction of the new alum facility, modifications to the alum distribution system, and new final cake storage.
We ask that quote(s) be submitted, along with proof of MBE/WBE certification no later than 10:00 AM on the day of each bid.
Participating bidders may download project specs/drawings from our online plan room at www.shookconstruction.com/plan-room/.
Shook Construction can provide assistance with bonding and insurance requirements, including alternatives to bonding and/or insurance requirements for subcontractors if needed. Please send all questions/scopes/quotes to email@example.com or fax: (866) 652-7331.