- This event has passed.
Tools for Construction Project Managers
March 25 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
03.25.2020 Tools for Construction Project Managers
Wednesday, March 25, 2020 1:00:00 PM EDT – 4:00:00 PM EDT
- Fundamentals of Effective Supervision – Typical organizational charts. Discussion of keys to effective supervision, leadership and delegation
- Construction Safety – Introduction to OSHA CFR Part 1926. Discussion of project safety training
- Planning and Scheduling – Introduction to types of schedules, the Critical Path Method (CPM) of scheduling and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Employee Recruitment and Retention – Keys to finding the right person and keeping them
- Discussion of upcoming shortages in construction professionals
- Laws and Regulations – International Building Codes (IBC), Federal Acquisition Rules, State laws and variances, local laws
- Surety Bonds – Definition of bid, performance and payment bonds. Discussion of how to obtain bonding and how to increase bonding capacity
- Change Order Management – Discussion of how to manage change orders effectively.
How it works: Just like a class you’d attend in person, courses are taught by a live instructor on a scheduled day and time. The Web-enabled Instructor-Led training experience has much in common with the classroom equivalent. Students:
- Receive course materials in advance
- Participate in real time using a broadband connection
- Interact directly with the instructor and their peers
From your computer, you’ll link to an instructor in a live, real-time, interactive learning experience. You’ll become part of a virtual classroom where you can ask questions, seek guidance and participate in class discussions and interactive exercises.