- This event has passed.
WBCC – Hiring Essentials
May 12 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Hosted by The Women’s Business Center of Charlotte.
Topic: Hiring Essentials
Using your intuition in certain situations might be effective, however in interviewing, selection of a candidate based on intuition can be disastrous and costly.
To increase your odds of hiring the right candidate, you must prepare, utilize a system for interviewing and employ a process for selections and follow-up. Interviewing potential new employees and those who may be promoted is one of the most important tasks a leader or business owner will handle. Yet too many leaders are not prepared for the critical interaction that will determine who fills critical roles within their organizations.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Identify the essential skills, knowledge and abilities needed for vacant roles
• Create behavior-based questions to ensure the interviewer obtains the necessary information to make an informed hiring decision
• Characterize common biases that often disrupt the hiring process
• Develop a process for interviewing, selection and follow-up
• Identify legal considerations in hiring
Speaker(s): Nikki Pounds / Andrew Davila