The primary purpose of the Southern Transportation Civil Rights Executive Council (STCREC) is to promote the advancement of Civil Rights Program initiatives within the member states of Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
The training symposium brings together public and private civil rights program administrators and professionals, as well as other transportation partners to provide training in all of the Federal Highway Administration’s Civil Rights Programs.
The full agenda for the four day symposium can be viewed here.
Five registration options are available. Find the registration that best for you here.
Presented by SBTRC and The Women’s Business Center of Charlotte
TRUCKING FROM A TO Z
A comprehensive 3-day course to provide an understanding of how to start, build and maintain a successful trucking business.
- Appropriate business structures for a trucking business
- Trucking classifications – 1 truck vs. a fleet
- Understanding DOT Regulations
- Planning for the project – timing, materials, labor, equipment
- Project and team management
- Bidding and estimating techniques for hauling contracts (hauling by the load vs. weight; freight services, etc.)
- Cost analysis per truck and job
- Building capacity through teaming and joint venturing
Eligibility requirements to participate in class:
- In business at least 1 year
- Own at least 1 truck
- Minimum 2 contracts in the transportation industry
- Interested in pursuing DOT contracts
Click here to register.