Minority-owned firms face unique challenges. In order to survive in today’s increasingly global marketplace, CEOs must lead their firms with innovative, clear strategies. In the absence of specialized executive training, few of these firms will be positioned for continual success in the marketplace. The Minority Executive Education Institute (MEEI®) delivers comprehensive and robust graduate-level business education designed to help minority business executives strengthen and grow their companies.
MEEI® business education builds the capacity and extends the capabilities of minority firms through the following program features:
- Extensive course content based on proven best practices and research
- Leading business experts from university and corporate partners
- Access to new business resources through networking and strategic partnerships
MEEI® programming utilizes the talents of graduate-level professors from universities across the state and leading business experts, creating a powerful learning experience that gives minority and women business owners concrete knowledge that can be used to grow revenue, enter into new markets, or launch new product ideas.
In the ever-changing business landscape, minority-owned firms must begin to aggressively develop a mindset for growth. MEEI® will help to position firms for explosive growth in the marketplace.
Contact the Minority Executive Education Institute
The South Atlantic Region Small Business Transportation Resource Center (SBTRC) serves as a regional office for the Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU). SBTRC works closely with prime and subcontractors, as well as state and local transportation agencies within the South Atlantic Region. The main focus of the SBTRC is assisting firms that are interested in doing business with the U.S. DOT directly, or with state and local agencies receiving U.S. DOT funding.
SBTRC supports small businesses in the District of Columbia and the four-state region of Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia to offer:
- Capacity-building skills and training for small businesses.
- Counseling and information on procurement opportunities.
- Access to capital through the U.S. Department of Transportation's Short-Term Lending Program.
- Assistance obtaining a surety bond.
- Resource assistance to promote more women and girls in the transportation industry.