The South Atlantic Region Small Business Transportation Resource Center (SBTRC) serves as a regional office for the Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU). SBTRC works closely with prime and subcontractors, as well as state and local transportation agencies within the South Atlantic Region. The main focus of the SBTRC is assisting firms that are interested in doing business with the U.S. DOT directly, or with state and local agencies receiving U.S. DOT funding.
SBTRC supports small businesses in the District of Columbia and the four-state region of Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia to offer:
- Capacity-building skills and training for small businesses.
- Counseling and information on procurement opportunities.
- Access to capital through the U.S. Department of Transportation's Short-Term Lending Program.
- Assistance obtaining a surety bond.
- Resource assistance to promote more women and girls in the transportation industry.
- An online database of current bid opportunities.
- Certification and pre-qualification assistance to help you compete for N.C. Department of Transportation contracts.
- Training and workshops on industry-specific topics, business management and operations.
The South Atlantic region serves
North Carolina, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia and the Washington DC Metro region.
The South Atlantic Region Small Business Transportation Resource Center is operated by the Institute and is a grantee of the U.S. Department of Transportation, Office of Small Disadvantaged Business Utilization.